Some don’t like leg day and many actively avoid it. But legs and glutes are two of my favourite things to focus on at the gym. I can always feel the work that I’ve done and I really enjoy each and every move I’ve added to my routine.
There is a common misconception that in order to get that dream butt, the more training the better. Don’t train legs/glutes more than twice in a week. You’ll slow down the building process, your muscles need time to recover and grow.
Don’t forget your warm up before trying this. I usually do a few stretches, followed by 5-10 minutes on the cross trainer or treadmill to raise my heart rate.
- Hip raises – 2 sets of 12 reps – Glute warm up
- Rainbows on a bench – 2 sets of 12 reps – Glutes
- Barbell hip thrust – 3 sets of 10 reps – Glutes
- Backwards barbell lunges – 3 sets of 12 reps per leg – Quads
- EZ bar/barbell squats – 3 sets of 12 reps – Quads
- Single leg Romanian deadlifts, with row – 2 sets of 12 reps – Hamstrings, Glutes, Lats, Core – Total body
- Cable pull through – 2 sets of 12 reps – Glutes
- Single leg cable kickback – 2 sets of 12 reps
- 10 minute treadmill walk/jog on high incline
I like to switch up what I fatigue on, if I haven’t done a lot of cardio already, the treadmill is my favourite go to.
This is all followed by a 5-10 minute stretch on the mat.
So for those of you pining for a booty like Beyonce, give this workout a go, let me know how you get on and if there’s anything you do that you think I should give a go!